Gå till innehåll

MAN Wheel Fitting

Rekommendera Poster

Hello,

I am getting ready to fit my MAN Kat 1 wheels with 1400r20 tyres. Do i need to remove the nuts that hold the brake drums on before fitting the wheels, Will the new tyres catch the body if fitted with the drum nuts?

Do steering locks need adjusting too?

Any other things i need to watch out for?

Please post some pictures of your trucks with them fitted, i am still waiting for my last 2 rims from Germany.

Thanks

Jon.

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• 1 month later...

No! Do not drill the rims! just remove the inner nuts, that's all.

You may want to find new outer nuts with integrated tapered washers, the original nuts tend to cut into the rim when tightened sufficiently.

I have used my TGB40 with these wheels for a couple of years now and no problem what so ever. You can’t’ however use chains, they will interfere with the steering arms…

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

Edit: I mean the nuts from outside...not on the drums.. my mistake.

I did it but with professional equipment -to like the original rims. But dont do it self when you dont have the equipment to do it professionel.

You can't use the chains beacause the offset are more close to the middle of the truck. It touch def the arms. When my pressure was low for the bush often my tire touch the arms with the flank

I dont know how it is with 14.00r20 tires- i used 16.00R20 . Thats verry big!( to big)

The original rims have a smaler offset

Regards

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar