Gå till innehåll

Video Volvo TGB20 8x8 prototype

Gäst W-J-M

Rekommendera Poster

Gäst W-J-M

Thanx to whomever converted this juwel into digital format!

(thusfar there were only a few pictures around, and rather lousy ones at that!)

http://www.offrd.se/video/volvo-8x8

(lovely long video too, more than 15 minutes....:))

PS: for sensitive souls, better not click the link to 'Trogblog' below the video, where a C306 firefighter is being converted into a camper, by dismantling all the firefighter equipment inside, including hydraulics & tank....even more sad because this is the very first sample build by Tollarp (proven by the Tollarp brochure).

W-J-M2008-03-17 04:19:25

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Gäst ErikC304
PS: for sensitive souls' date=' better not click the link to 'Trogblog' below the video, where a C306 firefighter is being converted into a camper, by dismantling all the firefighter equipment inside, including hydraulics & tank....even more sad because this is the very first sample build by Tollarp (proven by the Tollarp brochure). [/quote']

But Willem-Jan, you preserve so many of the rest that it doesent matter PDT_Armataz_02_23.gif Just kidding, I very well know how it feels to see someone treat a thing which is warm for ones own heart in a way one dislike.

Thanks for posting the filmlink, I will immediately download this must-see!
Länk till kommentar

Gäst W-J-M
PS: for sensitive souls' date=' better not click the link to 'Trogblog' below the video' date=' where a C306 firefighter is being converted into a camper, by dismantling all the firefighter equipment inside, including hydraulics & tank....even more sad because this is the very first sample build by Tollarp (proven by the Tollarp brochure). [/quote'']

But Willem-Jan, you preserve so many of the rest that it doesent matter PDT_Armataz_02_23.gif Just kidding, I very well know how it feels to see someone treat a thing which is warm for ones own heart in a way one dislike.

Thanks for posting the filmlink, I will immediately download this must-see!

It is not just automotive heritage, but also industrial/emergency-service heritage, and in a way also a prototyping heritage, which must have cost hundreds of man-hours extra (even though the most plausible/direct price-quote I once got{*} was 70.000-80.000 euro{**}, which is not that much different from the military price-quote I once saw, 53k for 4x4, 74k for 6x6, in 1993; see this file:

http://www.markerink.org/WJM/HTML/volvo_original-new-price.txt

Anyone have other/better price quotes?

In 1993, they couldn't have build a new one, so it might have been a non-inflation-corrected price, taken straight from 1975-1980 (add at least a factor 2?).

Any further clues are much appreciated!

{*} from a firebrigade that bought the vehicle new (actually, the firechief at that time bought the vehicle himself privately first, because he couldn't wait for the municipality to give approval, while Tollarp happened to have just the right configuration in stock)

{**} recalculated from the original SEK-price (anyone know if the exchange rate changed a lot between 1980 and today?))

W-J-M2008-03-17 21:32:35

Länk till kommentar

Gäst danneape

I think i read somewhere that a volvo 242L cost 17500:- sek in 1975,,,

could a c303 really have costed that much more?

It WAS a small series of cars but,,,

//Danne
Länk till kommentar

Gäst Ake64

The txt-file above says first 74k euro and then 70k SEK. If the prices are from 1975 I believe the 70k SEK is more correct.

(The cost for an MB200 in 1985 was 100kSEK (about 10,5k euro)

//Åke

Länk till kommentar