Gå till innehåll

CV Boot

Zeeri

Rekommendera Poster

Hi!

Sorry to start this topic which I am sure has been thoroughly discussed here. I am having a hard time with the search though as my English to Swedish search keywords are probably not ideal.

I am planning to do the CV boots on my new to me tgb1315. I have the seals. I have a great understanding of what needs to be done. I did run across an old thread on another forum that pointed to a thread here that I can't find. It showed how to remove the brake/gear assembly from the portal box but leave the brake lines attached. Then I could replace the CV boot without having to bleed the brakes. 

If someone could point me to that thread or any others that might be helpful I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!!

Here is my new to me TGB that has already been camperized

post-8847-0-54096800-1441209126_thumb.jpg.

• Like 5
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Hi and welcome to Terrängbil.net!

A whole bunch is written about boot replacement. Try to search for "damask" or "damaskbyte".

Below two examples:

http://www.terrangbil.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2323-damaskbyte-p%C3%A5-11an/?hl=damask

http://www.terrangbil.net/forum/index.php?/topic/11479-ta-bort-hjulv%C3%A4xel-f%C3%B6r-att-byta-drivaxeldamask/

It has been established that the quickest and least messy method is to pinch the brake lines with suitable clamps, disconnect the brake lines, then remove the whole hub/gear unit.

Good luck!

WF /Admin

• Like 2
Länk till kommentar

Hi!

Sorry to start this topic which I am sure has been thoroughly discussed here. I am having a hard time with the search though as my English to Swedish search keywords are probably not ideal.

I am planning to do the CV boots on my new to me tgb1315. I have the seals. I have a great understanding of what needs to be done. I did run across an old thread on another forum that pointed to a thread here that I can't find. It showed how to remove the brake/gear assembly from the portal box but leave the brake lines attached. Then I could replace the CV boot without having to bleed the brakes. 

If someone could point me to that thread or any others that might be helpful I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!!

Here is my new to me TGB that has already been camperized

attachicon.gif20150817_113224.jpg.

And we are curious about the inside..  -_-

• Like 1
Länk till kommentar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Zeeri.

Could this one be your tgb halfway through the camper conversion by the precious owner?

I don't think that one is mine. Mine was a radio car. And Bob the previous owner raised the roof of the cabinet because he very tall.

Länk till kommentar